Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Love Monsters

We went to see “Cars 2” and “Green Lantern” at the drive-in. Fun stuff. I cannot shake this image I have from the “Green Lantern,” and every time I think of this revelation, my spirit does flip flops. I will spare details from the movie, but must describe the enemy. It is a very destructive being that becomes more powerful by destroying creatures and receiving the fear from them. Fear is very powerful and depicted creatively in the movie, but there is a force more powerful than that. The opposite of fear is love. Fear destroys just like it was shown as the enemy in the movie. The force of Love acts just the opposite. The more you give, the more powerful (full of love) you become. The more you receive, the more powerful you become. Anytime anyone gives and receives love, BOTH are strengthened and life is more evident. That is the miracle of love. God is so cool like that. I am loving his opposite world. What would seem to be subtraction is multiplication in His kingdom.

My nephew Zeke is really funny. He has this voice and unusual way of saying things that make him a lot of fun to converse with. He mostly talks of methods he uses to strengthen his techniques in order to defeat the enemies and other practical things like that which would most definitely come in handy on a daily basis. One day he said, “Audrey, do you know what is the most powerful force in the universe?” “No, Zeke. What is it?” “True love's kiss.” I laughed a long time, but the truth is that he is right. He might have learned that from a collection of Disney movies, but love is the most powerful thing in the universe.

In the “Green Lantern”, people would see this creature and become afraid. Their fear is what caused their destruction and the enemy would grow. I keep seeing this image like that except it is made of love. But when people see it, it gives life instead of destruction. Love grows stronger in them. If people can even be changed by a romantic carnal love, imagine how we can change when we encounter LOVE himself. The best thing ever is when people identify others like “I know they love me.” When people see love in you, they are saying they see God in you. Wow! What a compliment. People who radiate love have encountered the God who is love. It is powerful. The most powerful force in the universe, as Zeke would say.

To grow or become mature requires receiving love. This is easier said than done. Receiving love requires humbling yourself and seeing yourself as worthy as they do. A good friend of mine found out I was doing some major house cleaning the other day. She, like me, has three baby preschoolers. She insisted that I allow her to come help me with my huge gigantic mess. I know she doesn't get much “me” time and she was going to pay a babysitter so she could come help me with the mess I created. Um....NO WAY! That required engulfing too much humble pie. I could not receive that. I know I knocked her out of a huge blessing. I know what it is like when someone will receive love you want to give and allow you to come and abide with them for a short time right where they live. It's an honor to get to do that, but gosh, I just couldn't. So forgive me, Heather Seyer. My pride is making me know not what I do. But for the times I do receive....I don't even know I'm growing bigger with love on the inside. I just feel like I'm enjoying life, then out of nowhere, someone will say, .”I feel love when I'm around you.” Wow....that is humbling in itself. I hope we can all receive so much love from our father and from each other that we become these...Love Monsters. No wonder he said we are new creatures. But instead of a big glob of destruction, we give life and peace and joy and hope and faith and LOVE.

1 comment:

  1. Aww Audrey, you know I love ya and am enjoying our friendship so much. I am blessed just to have you as a friend. The offer still stands if needed and you can find the ingredients to bake humble pie. lol. No matter what you choose, you are still one of the best examples of "living love" that I know. :)

    ReplyDelete