Monday, August 22, 2011

Distraction

This is a poem about manipulation...

Distraction

Together in silence now makes me see.
I choose life instead of your sorcery.
Gifted and twisted. Your words are so skilled.
If you claim to speak life, why is death what I hear?
Your way is only distraction.

Holy Cow, as they say, you can feed the bull.
The few who believe it are so sadly fooled.
Are you sorry we heard a message of peace?
Underestimating freedom sets people free.
Soon all will see the distraction.

You say I'm not needed. I've been of no worth.
I've grown to know differently. I remember my birth.
I can allow you to wallow and have your last word.
I'm not naive like you think. I know what I've heard.
I refuse to believe your distraction.

You shout one thing, but whisper another.
For a time, to my shame, I provided you cover.
I'm not here to expose, but you just don't believe.
Gifts delivered right to you, you would not receive.
You choose to love your distraction.

Like a scurvy little spider catches his prey.
Are you dizzy from spinning things you say?
The poison of the snake was not the lie,
but the intermingled truth he disguised.
There's no life to live with distraction.

Come to the mountain of reality.
Destroy golden views of idolatry.
Shackled by your insecurity.
Don't choose a life of this misery.
I pray soon your free from distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment